For our 6th episode, I had the pleasure to sit down with Melanie Salvatore-August. Mel is a yoga teacher, teacher trainer, author and activist. We’ve met a few years back when I did my 300h, as she was part of the cohort of teacher. I felt a strong connection to her teachings so I decided to pick up her books. Today, we’re meeting to talk about her second book, Fierce Kindness, Be a Positive Force for Change.
Listen to the podcast here :
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our sixth episode! We have other great guests lined up for you so make sure to subscribe to the podcast where ever you listen!
I would really appreciate you writing a review on iTunes to help other listeners find the podcast! Melanie has graciously offered to give out 2 audible copies of her book. If you write a review on iTunes, you automatically enter the giveaway and get a chance to win! I'll announce the winners at the end of the next episode!
If you're not sure how to leave a review, check this article.
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Mama, teacher, author and kindness activist, Mel has taught yoga since 2005. Her first book Kitchen Yoga: Simple Home Practices to Transform Mind, Body and Life was published by Yellow Pear Press in 2015. Her second book, Fierce Kindness; Be a Positive Force for Change released in 2017 both hard cover/ Audible and Sharing Fierce Kindness a book of postcards to create change coming soon Autumn 2018.
As a YogaWorks Senior Teacher Trainer, Mel has taught multitude of students and educated hundreds of teachers and influencers to be a positive force for change in their own lives and the world. She is skilled at joyfully making the complex become simply actionable and believes the true teacher is within. With the tools of tantra, hatha, kundilini yoga, reiki, sound healing and pure love, Mel supports others to connect and trust their own inner wisdom to live their best life.
Mel shares tested tools to create Joy, Growth and Freedom.
Find out more about Mel and her work on :
Purchase the books everywhere// anywhere including :
Social Media :
QUESTIONS WE ANSWER DURING THIS EPISODE :
- What’s the concept of Fierce Kindness? What does it mean to you? (1:13)
- Can you tell us a bit more about yourself? Why did you decide to write this book? (2:20)
- What have you learned from writing the book? (4:53)
- How can people start shifting their inner conversation from negative to positive? (6:17)
- Any suggestions to get started if our listeners want answer the call and take action. Where can they start? (12:25)
- What is your hope? What do you hope people will do from reading your book? (15:05)
- How does that translate to motherhood for you? (17:40)
- I saw there’s also a Fierce Kindness organization and you donate some of the book’s profit. Can you tell us about that? (18:55)
- You have an other book coming up? (20:59)
ACLU : American Civil Livil Liberty Union : Equal Rights and Tolerance
Other Organisation she's encourages you to support : (more in the book)
Global Women's Equality
Green and Peaceful Earth
*Edited and mixed by Alexandre Saba