Podcast Episode 7 : Travelling to John of God
For our 7th episode, I had the pleasure to sit down with Bethany Miller. Bethany is a practicing psychologist and yoga studio owner. She owns and runs Sukha Yoga in Novato, where she created a great space oriented on healing and community. When I saw that she was organizing a trip to John Of God in Brazil, I immediately thought we had to sit down and chat. I really wanted to know about her experience...
Listen to the podcast here :
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our seventh episode! We have other great guests lined up for you so make sure to subscribe to the podcast where ever you listen!
I would really appreciate you writing a review on iTunes to help other listeners find the podcast! To encourage you, Bethany is graciously offering a 30 minutes chakra healing session with her AND a 30 minutes crystal bed session at the studio, a value of 125$! If you write a review on iTunes, you automatically enter the giveaway and get a chance to win. I'll announce the winners at the end of the next episode and on social media.
If you're not sure how to leave a review, check this article.
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Bethany opened Sukha Yoga to create a sanctuary in Novato where people can practice yoga, experience different healing modalities and be in spiritual community. She has been a practicing psychologist for the past 20 years, but felt isolated in private practice. In 2012, she went to visit John of God, a healer in Brazil. She received a vision to open a yoga studio and healing center. She has found the greatest joy in creating a strong and loving community of wonderful students, yoga teachers and healers who come together and share their gifts.
She offers chakra healings and crystal bed sessions at Sukha and will be taking a group to visit John of God, Fall 2018.
Find out more about Bethany, the studio and the trip :
Social Media :
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWER DURING THIS EPISODE :
- Can you tell us more about John of God and what’s the concept behind the Casa? (1:48)
- How many times have you been? (4:08)
- Why did you choose to go the first time? (4:12)
- What happened while you were there? (6:40)
- Do you always start in the current room? How does it work? (7:32)
- Can you explain what are spiritual surgeries and physical surgeries? (8:51)
- Why did you decide to go back? (11:00)
- Why did you decide that you wanted to share the experience with Sukha? (11:48)
- What does it mean to be a guide? How did you become one? (13:04)
- Why do people dress all in white? (14:02)
- In your opinion, do you think you have to be spiritual or religious to get the most out of this experience? (16:30)
- What do you tell to people that are skeptics? (20:48)
- Why do you recommend people to join? What can they hope for/ gain? (23:24)
- What’s the one question people ask you the most often? (24:24)
- How do you support the students that come with you? (26:12)
- Do you have any book recommendation to learn more about John of God? (26:48)
- When is the trip? (27:28)
Photo of the room she saw when she was there and is now in the studio :
Book suggestions :
- John of God: The Brazilian Healer Who's Touched the Lives of Millions by Heather Cummings.
- John of God: A Guide to Your Healing Journey with Spirit Doctors Beyond the Veil, by Mytrae Meliana
*Edited and mixed by Alexandre Saba